Wasteland - Dark Red Rooibos
Cederberg Mountain, West Cape, South Africa
Native to the mountains of South Africa, rooibos is prized for its great flavor. Naturally caffeine-free, rooibos is also known as red bush and has a deep and dark red infusion with a full body and sweet finishing flavor.
The Wasteland is a perfect example of traditional red rooibos. It exudes a flavor comparable to an Assam or Ceylon (Sri Lankan) black tea, dark, malty, rough, almost desert-y with strong astringent notes. It bites back to let you know its there in the best way.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Organic South African red rooibos