What kind of blend would befit a Warchief of the Horde? It would have to be something dark, something dusty, something with a bite, but pleasant enough undertones to keep you drinking. That is how we came to make the "Warchief" Cinnamon Orange Black.
We started with a CTC (cut, tear, curl) black tea, out of Tanzania, starting off with an intensely earthy, dusty flavor and a dark astringency, then added potent Indonesian cinnamon chips for a bite, topped it with sweet & rich mandarin orange extracts, then gave just a bit of honeybush for a sweet, earthy undertone, orange peels for authentic bite, and just a touch more orange extract for body. What resulted is delicious hot, iced, or as a latte, but we encourage it hot with a touch of sugar.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (5g or 1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Tanzanian Njombe CTC black tea, organic Indonesian cinnamon chips, South African honeybush, orange peels, * natural orange & mandarin orange extracts.