Warchief - Mandarin Orange Cinnamon Black
What kind of blend would befit a Warchief of the Horde? It would have to be something dark, something dusty, something with a bite, but pleasant enough undertones to keep you drinking. That is how we came to make the "Warchief" Cinnamon Orange Black.
We started with a CTC (cut, tear, curl) black tea, out of Tanzania, starting off with an intensely earthy, dusty flavor and a dark astringency, then added potent Indonesian cinnamon chips for a bite, topped it with sweet & rich mandarin orange extracts, then gave just a bit of honeybush for a sweet, earthy undertone, orange peels for authentic bite, and just a touch more orange extract for body. What resulted is delicious hot, iced, or as a latte, but we encourage it hot with a touch of sugar.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (5g or 1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Tanzanian Njombe CTC black tea
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- South African honeybush
- Orange peels
- Natural orange & mandarin orange extracts
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
I usually don’t like cinnamon flavored things but this blend is delicious. The cinnamon is not overpowering and the orange and honeybush give it a lightly sweet taste. Very lovely anytime tea!
This is one of my favorite teas I’ve ever had. The combination of orange and cinnamon is delicious and I actually replace my morning coffee with this most day. I got so many comments from people in my office about how good it smells too.