Wake the Dryad - Jasmine Matcha
The smoothest of our matchas, arguably, Wake the Dryad gives you the soft, soothing accents of a jasmine tea you know and love, but needs no sugar to make a pleasant latte (though sugar doesn't hurt). With the caffeine of a double-shot espresso and the calming flavor of jasmine, this matcha will kick you in gear in the softest, most soothing fashion.
Warning: This matcha does have a tendency to clump up. We suggest sifting the matcha with a fine strainer, then breaking up the leftover chunks with the back of a spoon (or other applicable appliance).
Brewing Suggestions (Sweet Matcha Latte)
- Warm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of a milk or milk substitute.
- Boil a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of water (but not fully, 80°C/175°F is about right)
- Mix together, and add ½ tbsp of powder and ½ tbsp of sugar.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Enjoy, and drink without straining!
Brewing Suggestions (Traditional Bowl)
Suggested tools: Matcha Bowl, Matcha Whisk, Matcha Spoon.
If you wanna get started, consider a Matcha Starter Kit!
- Prewarm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) glass (or a bowl, if you're traditional).
- Use ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of 80°C/175°F water in the vessel.
- Use 1 tsp of powder, or a full scoop from a traditional matcha spoon.
- Whisk thoroughly until there is a fine froth, then drink without straining.
Powdered fried Chinese green tea, & powdered Chinese jasmine petals.