Wake the Dryad - Jasmine Matcha
The smoothest of our matchas, arguably, Wake the Dryad gives you the soft, soothing accents of a jasmine tea you know and love, but needs no sugar to make a pleasant latte (though sugar doesn't hurt). With the caffeine of a double-shot espresso and the calming flavor of jasmine, this matcha will kick you in gear in the softest, most soothing fashion.
Warning: This matcha does have a tendency to clump up. We suggest sifting the matcha with a fine strainer, then breaking up the leftover chunks with the back of a spoon (or other applicable appliance).
Brewing Suggestions (Sweet Matcha Latte)
- Warm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of a milk or milk substitute.
- Boil a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of water (but not fully, 80°C/175°F is about right)
- Mix together, and add ½ tbsp of powder and ½ tbsp of sugar.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Enjoy, and drink without straining!
Brewing Suggestions (Traditional Bowl)
Suggested tools: Matcha Bowl, Matcha Whisk, Matcha Spoon.
If you wanna get started, consider a Matcha Starter Kit!
- Prewarm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) glass (or a bowl, if you're traditional).
- Use ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of 80°C/175°F water in the vessel.
- Use 1 tsp of powder, or a full scoop from a traditional matcha spoon.
- Whisk thoroughly until there is a fine froth, then drink without straining.
- Powdered fried Chinese green tea
- Powdered Chinese jasmine petals
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.