Van Helsing - Rwandan Black
Rukeri Estate — Gicumbi District, Rwanda
Along his academic journey to Whitby, the Dutch doctor was sure to partake in the national drink of tea (after all, the Dutch created arguably the most successful tea company in all of time), and this one is sure to live up to his legacy. The Dutch, who imported tea from all over the world into their grand company, would have been proud to carry this black tea all the way from the Rukeri Estate in Rwanda, Africa. Abraham van Helsing, being a hardy man, would surely adore this rich, intense black tea, delicious by itself or with a touch of milk (though hardly necessary). The leaf has been cut, torn, and curled to allow the maximum amount of surface area of leaf to hit the water, making the strongest cup possible. Enjoy this tea worthy of the most famous vampire hunter out there.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Fair-Trade Certified Rwandan Gicumbi black tea.