Speakeasy - Honeybush
Grown in the Langkloof Mountains of the Western Cape of South Africa, this straight herb is great for drinking, has no caffeine, no tannins, no bitterness, and is 100% organic. Quite similar to rooibos, but naturally sweeter and smoother. Less tobacco-y, more bourbon-y. This drink is excellent hot or iced.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 3 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Organic South African honeybush