Sleeping Svarog - Lavender Chamomile Herbal
Blended In-House — Caffeine-Free
This delightfully soporific herbal is a variation on a beloved classic from our old location, the Cleopatra's Harmony. That chamomile & lavender blend featured Indian lavender and Egyptian chamomile, thus the Cleopatra reference. For this one, we switch to Croatian chamomile. So who in Croatian/Slavic culture can we call to? Their ancient god of the forge, Svarog.
The worker god, he toiled his life away building the entire world, the sky, the sun, and fathering the gods themselves. He acted as god of fire, the sky, and light itself while doubling as protector of blacksmiths. He worked hard. This relaxing blend was blended in his honor.
Smooth Croatian chamomile wraps around wildcrafted French lavender and hibiscus out of Burkina Faso to make a fascinatingly soft & smooth herbal. It has plenty of lavender flavor while exhibiting the classic profile of chamomile, and the hibiscus gives it an incredibly subtle tartness. We tossed in valerian root to make it that much more soothing, and safflower 'cause it's pretty. What? That's allowed.
- Use 5g (≈1 rounded tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Organic Croatian chamomile, Organic wild French lavender flowers, Organic Burkinabé hibiscus, Organic American valerian root, & safflower petals.