The Silk Road - Earl Grey Masala Chai
We've done the unthinkable: blended the art of the Masala Chai with the London Fog. This blend, designed to be drank as a latte, is a traditional English earl grey with all the established masala spices one would expect: cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, black peppercorns, and cloves. So, you might ask, what do we call this beautiful amalgamation of flavor profiles? An English blend of Italian bergamot and Chinese black tea with Indian masala spices? How could we call it anything but the Silk Road?
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Organic Chinese black tea
- Guatemalan cardamom pods
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic American lemon peel
- Organic Indonesian cloves
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
- Organic Italian bergamot extract
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.