Shadows of the Mórrígan - Licorice Walnut Black
A taste of darkness, wild and untamed, but all the time familiar and welcoming. Licorice blends with black walnut, making fascinating honeyed notes with a dark, nutty body. It winds up tasting like a dark absinthe-adjacent mead. Sweet, woody, earthy, & deep in flavor.
- Use 7g (≈2 tsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling water
- Steep for 3:00, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Sri Lankan Ratnapura black tea
- South African licorice root
- Egyptian anise seeds
- Turkish Anatolya apple pieces
- American black walnut hulls
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.