Serenity - Ceremonial-Grade Matcha
Nishio, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Breathe. Relax. Take a moment. Need a tea to help? Perhaps we can be of service.
Serenity is a very traditional, not-quite-ceremonial-grade matcha out of Nishio, Aichi in Japan. This is the best high-grade matcha we have, and it does not disappoint. Filled with incredible grassy tones, a smooth texture, and a touch of astringency, Serenity is a great tool for relaxation, meditation, impressing guests, whatever you want!
We heartily suggest getting a Matcha Starter Kit with this one, as it's best drank when prepared "properly." Not to mention it'll really impress your friends.
Brewing Suggestions (Traditional Bowl)
Suggested tools: Matcha Bowl, Matcha Whisk, Matcha Spoon.
If you wanna get started, consider a Matcha Starter Kit!
- Prewarm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) glass (or a bowl, if you're traditional).
- Use ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of 80°C/175°F water in the vessel.
- Use 1 tsp of powder, or a full scoop from a traditional matcha spoon.
- Whisk thoroughly until there is a fine froth, then drink without straining.
Brewing Suggestions (Sweet Matcha Latte)
Warning: This is an expensive, high-grade matcha, and may not be the best choice for a matcha latte. Perhaps the Winking Skeever instead?
- Warm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of a milk or milk substitute.
- Boil a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of water, but not fully (80°C/175°F is perfect)
- Mix together, and add ½ tbsp of powder and ½ tbsp of sugar.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Enjoy, and drink without straining!
Roasted Japanese green tea powder.