Solar Sailor - Chinese Baimudan White
Fujian Province, China
Our first non-flavored blend of white tea and green tea. We chose to blend a baimudan, which is a traditional Chinese style involving drying/withering in the open sun, and a Java-grown Indonesian green, which is grown by the side of a volcanic crater lake. These two combined give an incredibly rich, sunny, warming flavor while staying fairly light and not hitting too hard. It's a delight for anyone who wants something light, soft, but warming and pleasant, like a sunny day.
- Use 5g (≈1 rounded tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use (75°C/165°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 3g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 7g of leaf instead!
- Organic Chinese baimudan white tea
- Smoked Indonesian Java green tea
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.