Solar Sailor - Chinese Baimudan White
Fujian Province, China
Our first non-flavored blend of white tea and green tea. We chose to blend a baimudan, which is a traditional Chinese style involving drying/withering in the open sun, and a Java-grown Indonesian green, which is grown by the side of a volcanic crater lake. These two combined give an incredibly rich, sunny, warming flavor while staying fairly light and not hitting too hard. It's a delight for anyone who wants something light, soft, but warming and pleasant, like a sunny day.
- Use 5g (≈1 rounded tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use (75°C/165°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 3g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 7g of leaf instead!
- Organic Chinese baimudan white tea
- Smoked Indonesian Java green tea