2017 Rolling Wave - Sumatran
Like a great wave crashing upon the island nation of Indonesia, this tea is washing over our shop with great ease. We expected Sumatran tea to hold a certain quality of flavor, as the Sumatran teas we've carried in the past had, but this is something else. The Rolling Wave is a sublime black tea, easily one of the best on the shelf. Hand-rolled into almost oolong-esque balls, it unfurls over multiple infusions, leaving you with just enough black tea flavor to fill your mouth and satisfy your pallet. It's smooth as a rolling ocean, and tastes unbelievably pleasant. It's one of the most expensive teas on our shelf, but let me tell you, it's worth every penny.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 2 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Sumatran black tea.