Rock Creek - Blackberry Sage Black
Named for the brook that runs through out little town here, the Rock Creek is a rich, intense black tea with potent blackberry flavor. Blackberry is a powerful flavor by itself, capable of easily overpowering a drink and pushing it into the bitter side of the flavor pallet, and with a strong black tea as a base, it results in a blend that must be approached with caution, like a flowing river. To tame the beast, we steep it short and toss in a touch of sugar, and not only does it mellow the astringency and pop the fruit, but it draws out the mellowing agent of the sage, making a well-rounded, delicious fruity experience.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 1 minute, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- If you like sugar, try 1-2 tsp, and steep for 2 minutes instead!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
South Indian Flower Orange Pekoe Black Tea, White Sage, Freeze-dried Blackberries, and Natural Blackberry Extract.