Ram's Head - Mushroom & Chicory Coffee Replacement
Okay, wanna try something truly unique? We have our most coffee-like substance right here. Really. It tastes like fermented coffee! Like, strong, bitter, kinda-sorta acidic, but with deep earthy notes. It's super interesting. It's literally chicory and roasted dandelion root mixed with lingzhi & maitake mushrooms. It's fascinating.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte? This one's pretty light, so we're not sure it'll hold up to the milk, but you're welcome to try!
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 3 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- NOTE: Based on customer consensus, we do not suggest this tea iced. Upon icing, the blend reportedly loses its chicory & dandelion flavor, leaving you with cold mushroom-y water. If that's what you're into, go ahead, but otherwise, beware.
- Organic chicory root
- Organic roasted dandelion root
- Organic lingzhi/reishi mushrooms
- Organic maitake/ram's head mushrooms
- Organic cocoa nibs
- Organic licorice root
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
Did not replace coffee for me, the consistency wasn't thick enough. The chicory, roasted dandelion, & licorice wasn't the right dark i was looking for. I did not feel energized from drinking it. This product did not work for me.