Ram's Head - Mushroom & Chicory Coffee Replacement
Okay, wanna try something truly unique? We have our most coffee-like substance right here. Really. It tastes like fermented coffee! Like, strong, bitter, kinda-sorta acidic, but with deep earthy notes. It's super interesting. It's literally chicory and roasted dandelion root mixed with lingzhi & maitake mushrooms. It's fascinating.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte? This one's pretty light, so we're not sure it'll hold up to the milk, but you're welcome to try!
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 3 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- NOTE: Based on customer consensus, we do not suggest this tea iced. Upon icing, the blend reportedly loses its chicory & dandelion flavor, leaving you with cold mushroom-y water. If that's what you're into, go ahead, but otherwise, beware.
Organic chicory root, Organic roasted dandelion root, Organic lingzhi/reishi mushrooms, Organic maitake/ram's head mushrooms, Organic cocoa nibs, & Organic licorice root.