New House Masala Chai - Spiced Ugandan Black
Our twist on a traditional indian masala chai, we kept the spice blend while using a CTC Ugandan black to kick up the flavor.
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Ugandan Mitiyana black tea
- Guatemalan cardamom pods
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic Madagascan cloves
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
I was originally looking for something with a bit more of a peppery bite (and plan to try some Vulcan’s Forge next) but the more I drink of this blend, the better I like it. Warm, rich flavor with plenty of subtle undertones. Try it with a little honey and a dash of almond milk.