New House Masala Chai - Spiced Ugandan Black
Our twist on a traditional indian masala chai, we kept the spice blend while using a CTC Ugandan black to kick up the flavor.
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Ugandan Mitiyana black tea
- Guatemalan cardamom pods
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic Madagascan cloves
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
I was originally looking for something with a bit more of a peppery bite (and plan to try some Vulcan’s Forge next) but the more I drink of this blend, the better I like it. Warm, rich flavor with plenty of subtle undertones. Try it with a little honey and a dash of almond milk.