The New House Black - Smooth Breakfast Blend
Our New House Black is one of our oldest blends, and easily one we're the most proud of. A longtime best-seller, this smooth, medium-bodied breakfast tea will convert even the most loyal English Breakfast fans. Not too strong, not too light, complex flavor combinations, this breakfast tea is sure to satisfy if you drink it straight, or breakfast style (milk and/or sugar).
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Kenyan Kericho black tea, & Indian Assam black tea.
It is indeed very smooth, almost light, and probably a great intro to black tea.
Smooth, full-bodied, my favorite first thing in the morning tea. Not at all harsh like some breakfast teas.
This tea is my go to int he morning and on days I need an extra bit of fortification in the afternoons too. It tastes gorgeous with or without cream, and is my staple black tea.