The New House Black - Smooth Breakfast Blend
Our New House Black is one of our oldest blends, and easily one we're the most proud of. A longtime best-seller, this smooth, medium-bodied breakfast tea will convert even the most loyal English Breakfast fans. Not too strong, not too light, complex flavor combinations, this breakfast tea is sure to satisfy if you drink it straight, or breakfast style (milk and/or sugar).
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Kenyan Kericho black tea
- Indian Assam black tea
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
This tea blend is wonderfully balanced, great in the morning and in the evening before bed. I definitely feel this was well worth the cost, and I'll be ordering from Phoenix Pearl again. My order shipped quickly as well.
It is indeed very smooth, almost light, and probably a great intro to black tea.
Smooth, full-bodied, my favorite first thing in the morning tea. Not at all harsh like some breakfast teas.
This tea is my go to int he morning and on days I need an extra bit of fortification in the afternoons too. It tastes gorgeous with or without cream, and is my staple black tea.