Draught of Desolation - Smoked Earl Grey
Craving something different? Wandering this blasted landscape of a ruined world for too long, and just crave a taste of civilization? Unfortunately, nothing lasts through an apocalypse, and all is tainted in the wasteland, but sometimes, a piece of the world that was can be salvaged. Earl Grey, a fine beloved classic the world over is still enjoyable, smooth and somewhat fruity & floral in its flavor, just with the smoke of cataclysm lingering throughout the leaf. Overall, it's rather pleasant, really. The potent smokiness blends well with the bergamot and the black teas throughout. Even takes well to milk and sugar! Now if only you could find milk. Or sugar, for that matter...
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Organic Thai black tea
- Organic Chinese Dian Hong black tea
- Organic Chinese pine-smoked lapsang souchong black tea
- Organic natural Italian bergamot extract
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
The smoke flavor adds a nice touch. The brewing instructions on the package are spot on; if you let if steep longer than the recommended 3 minutes, the flavor does become stronger. I am fine with the stronger flavor, but it becomes too much for my wife - so it would come down to preference.
This is my favorite tea. It's wonderful. Quite smokey very bergamontish.. excellent. I like it with cream which seems weird (to me at least) but is very good
I love this tea. Smokey enough to be intriguing and a bit daring, bright enough to brace up to any challenge the day may hold. Great balance. Perfect on pensive, gray afternoon, or frosty mountain morning. And it has the best name ever bestowed on tea-kind!