Mother of Dragons - Spicy Smoky Masala Chai
A fitting brew for any breakers of chains, queens of great grass seas, unburnt, or first of their name. This masala has notes of tradition in it, but blows the typical out of the water. Made with a guava-wood-smoked Malawian black base blended with a shu pu-erh, this potent base is blended with traditional masala spices, then topped with chipotle (smoked jalapeños), smoked paprika, and cayenne. Guaranteed to burn so good, this blend will let you taste the smoke of the fire it lights in your gullet.
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it, and we definitely suggest it here), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Malawian Thyolo smoked black tea
- Organic Chinese shu pu-erh dark tea
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Guatemalan cardamom pods
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic Madagascan cloves
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
- Smoked jalapeño peppers
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne chili peppers