Moroccan Mint - Spearmint Green
One of the classic teas of history, the Moroccan Mint is a staple of teahouses world-wide. We tested many different blends exhaustively searching for the best of the best before finally deciding to play our hand at doing our own. We researched the oldest recipes trying to find the most traditional ingredients and put that research to use. This blend ended up resulting in this fantastically potent spearmint blend with traditional Chinese gunpowder green tea. This blend will knock your socks off iced or hot and is sure to satisfy the mint freak in any group. If you want to try it traditional Moroccan style, make sure to pour the tea into the cups a meter or higher above the cup to aerate the tea, and pour it over a large amount of sugar (traditional marvels sweet tea at a tablespoon of raw sugar per ⅛ liter [≈8 oz]).
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use 80°C/175°F water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Organic Chinese gunpowder green tea
- Organic American spearmint
- Organic natural spearmint extract
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.