Moon River - Keemun Chinese Black
Qimen, Anhui, China
Keemun Mao Feng is a classic Chinese style of black tea, resulting in a very smooth black tea experience with light smoky notes, a subtle fruitiness, and a potent flavor base. However, drinkers beware, drink this in either small quantities or quickly. While delicious and smooth, the Moon River gets bitter the longer it sits in the cup. After 20 minutes, most of the flavor has disappeared behind a cloud of astringency.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 2 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Chinese Keemun black tea.