Montana Gold - Cinnamon Orange Rooibos
A blend to match the unique beauty of a Montana sunset. Nothing quite compares. Montana Gold comes out of Montana Tea & Spice in Missoula, MT in the form of a rich South African red rooibos paired with intense, heavy cinnamon, some smooth orange, and a touch of clove for bite. This blend beats all other cinnamon orange blends by a long shot, even usurping any traditional black blends in popularity, proving to be the single most popular tea in our store.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Red rooibos
- Orange peel
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
The strong cinnamon flavor really stands out, providing that cozy feeling you appreciate when relaxing in the evening.
Order it. Drink it. Share it with friends. Then go order some more. :)
My go-to tea. Great any time of day, with or without milk.
Reading all the other accolades here, I guess I could keep this short and just say “me too!”
My current favorite rooibos tea. Smooth with good cinnamon flavor and nice orange notes. No honey needed. I love this blend!
Visited Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern while on vacation in Red Lodge, had this tea there and have
been thinking about it ever since. I'm so glad I found them online now I can order my new favorite tea.
This tea is awesome! If you don't like Rooibos, this tea will change your mind!
I LOVE this tea. I drink it everyday! Highly recommend it.
Process of order was slow, so order before you need it.
I was a spotty tea drinker before trying Montana Gold and now I can't get enough! I drink it almost every evening since it's caffeine free. I love the spiciness and slight sweetness so no added sweetener is necessary.
I have ordered Montana Gold tea before, I can not get enough of this wonderful tea. I know you will enjoy this tasty tea. I'm thinking of drinking it in front of a roaring fireplace, snowing outside, a quilt on you, that your Mother or Grandma created. Now that is Heaven. Montana Gold is also good cold. Image sitting outside on a double swing, watching your kids playing in their own excitment, a nice 75 degree. Montana Gold just does not get any better wherever your story takes you. Please just leave some for me.