Matchala Chai - Black Masala Matcha
Love your strong, rich masala chais, but need that caffeine kick they just don't have? How 'bout a masala with caffeine higher than a black coffee?
This blend is a stunning spicy drink with a caffeine kick, hearty flavor, and makes a perfect sweet latte (particularly with whole milk).
Brewing Suggestions (Sweet Matcha Latte)
- Warm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of a milk or milk substitute.
- We suggest whole milk
- Boil a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of water
- Mix together, and add ½ tbsp of powder and ½ tbsp of sugar.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Enjoy, and drink without straining!
Brewing Suggestions (Traditional Bowl)
Suggested tools: Matcha Bowl, Matcha Whisk, Matcha Spoon.
If you wanna get started, consider a Matcha Starter Kit!
- Prewarm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) glass (or a bowl, if you're traditional).
- Use ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of boiling water in the vessel.
- Use 1 tsp of powder, or a full scoop from a traditional matcha spoon.
- Whisk thoroughly until there is a fine froth, then drink without straining.
- Ground Indian Assam black tea
- Ground Indian Kerala black tea
- Ground Kenyan Kericho black tea
- Ground ginger root
- Ground cinnamon chips
- Ground cardamom pods
- Ground black peppercorns
- Ground white peppercorns
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
The balance of spices in this blend is great. With the right proportions of sugar and milk, this is a soothing wake up call.