Matchala Chai - Black Masala Matcha
Love your strong, rich masala chais, but need that caffeine kick they just don't have? How 'bout a masala with caffeine higher than a black coffee?
This blend is a stunning spicy drink with a caffeine kick, hearty flavor, and makes a perfect sweet latte (particularly with whole milk).
Brewing Suggestions (Sweet Matcha Latte)
- Warm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of a milk or milk substitute.
- Boil a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of water
- Mix together, and add ½ tbsp of powder and ½ tbsp of sugar.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Enjoy, and drink without straining!
Brewing Suggestions (Traditional Bowl)
Suggested tools: Matcha Bowl, Matcha Whisk, Matcha Spoon.
If you wanna get started, consider a Matcha Starter Kit!
- Prewarm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) glass (or a bowl, if you're traditional).
- Use ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of boiling water in the vessel.
- Use 1 tsp of powder, or a full scoop from a traditional matcha spoon.
- Whisk thoroughly until there is a fine froth, then drink without straining.
Ground masala chai [Indian Assam black tea, Indian Kerala black tea, Kenyan Kericho black tea, ginger root, cinnamon, cardamom, black peppercorns, white peppercorns, clove, & nutmeg].