Masala Chai Classic - Spiced Ugandan Black
The traditional masala chai spices (cardamom pods, ginger, and cinnamon) blend with a strong Khongea Estate assam tea to form a delicious mellow masala.
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- ETP-Certified Indian Assam Khongea Estate black tea
- Guatemalan cardamom pods
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic Madagascan cloves
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
This chai is the nectar of the gods. No anise/licorice flavor included so I am ordering twice as much this time. <3
Had Masala Chai classic while on vacation at Christmas and loved it. Ran out of the small bag I bought so ordered the large bag--I'm addicted!!!!!
Was looking for a replacement for Rishi masala chai - this was suggested. It is and it isn’t... it’s lacking the subtle peppery bite of the Rishi (guess I’ll try Vulcan’s Forge next time around) but the flavoris more complex and interesting. A definite keeper.
Delightfully complex chai that is wonderful to drink throughout the day. Wonderful!
Was thrilled that I got this in such a quick manner ordered Sunday and got on Tuesday absolutely love the house black chia tea