Maghrebi Matcha - Peppermint Matcha
Maghreb Mint was the original ingredient to make a perfect Moroccan Mint tea. Gunpowder green tea out of China mixed with mint grown in the Maghrebi region of northwestern Africa made for a satisfying sweet tea like no one else had.
Love your traditional Moroccan Mint tea, but just wish it had a heavier caffeine kick? Or that you could do it as a latte without the green tea getting lost in the lipids? The Maghrebi Matcha is for you. With the caffeine content of a cup of black coffee, this drink will wake you up with the pleasantly smooth bite of peppermint.
Brewing Suggestions (Sweet Matcha Latte)
- Warm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of a milk or milk substitute.
- Boil a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of water to 80°C/175°F
- Mix together, and add ½ tbsp of powder and ½ tbsp of sugar.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Enjoy, and drink without straining!
Brewing Suggestions (Traditional Bowl)
Suggested tools: Matcha Bowl, Matcha Whisk, Matcha Spoon.
If you wanna get started, consider a Matcha Starter Kit!
- Prewarm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) glass (or a bowl, if you're traditional).
- Use ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of 80°C/175°F water in the vessel.
- Use 1 tsp of powder, or a full scoop from a traditional matcha spoon.
- Whisk thoroughly until there is a fine froth, then drink without straining.
- Powdered Chinese Zhejiang green tea
- Powdered Kenyan Nandi green tea
- Powdered American peppermint leaf
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.