Loglo Drag - Experimental Chinese White
The lights flash on the windshield as you drive down the highway. Sign after sign, the logos blur in a dull glow. You lose yourself in the loglo.
A bizarre concoction born from a single source in China, the Loglo Drag is an experimental white tea. Using the "Plums" varietal of leaf (which is known for making rich, astringent black teas with fruity notes), the Loglo Drag is then shaken thoroughly to bruise the leaves without actually breaking them, thus not causing oxidation. It's then sun-withered and dried, resulting in a smooth, flavorful yet subtle white tea made for drinking in the city streets at an outdoor noodle shop in the pouring rain lit only by neon lights above.
- Use 5g (≈1 heaping tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use 75°C/165°F water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 3g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 7g of leaf instead!
Chinese Fujian white tea
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.