Leaf on the Wind - Soft & Smooth Wintergreen Herbal
Blended In-House — Caffeine-Free
Many people come to us craving teas to lure them to the safe and secure reaches of sleep, but find themselves growing bored of the age-old herbal blends featuring chamomile blossoms as a base. It's true, the ever-popular flower dominates the herbal markets, especially the "Sleepy-Time" blends. However, we were not willing to simply lie down and accept that chamomile owns the market. No, we chose to engineer a new blend that is soft, soothing, great for sleep, but interesting and different enough to capture interest.
This is the Leaf on the Wind. Watch as you soar straight to sleep with this unique blend of pan-fried green rooibos (significantly softer and earthier than its red counterpart), fresh green cardamom pods, and raw wintergreen leaf grown in the U.S.A. That's right, not the extracts of wintergreen one might expect, no we use the pure, unadulterated leaf to accent this blend, giving it a delightfully subtle flavor, featuring a predominantly earthy flavor profile. While green rooibos does respond well to green tea temperature water (80°C/175°F), it's one of the most forgiving herbs on the market. Boiling water changes the profile of the drink, bringing out more minty notes and stronger earth-tones with delicate hints of astringency. Prepare it any way you like, this tisane is sure to come out clean in the end.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use 80°C/175°F water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Organic South African green rooibos, American wintergreen leaf, & whole Guatemalan cardamom pods.