Lakota Dawn - Sarsaparilla Rooibos
Long ago in the American west, one soft drink ruled the markets. Sarsaparilla. Brewed from the root of the sarsaparilla plant, commonly infused with sassafras, this drink took America by storm. In the 50's, sarsaparilla was found to be a carcinogen, and outlawed. In this modern era, however, the government doesn't care much about what's a carcinogen and isn't anymore, so it's totally legal!
Seriously, guys, it's fine. This tea is totally drinkable, just don't chew on the root itself all day.
This rooibos-based herbal is spiced just enough to make a pleasant sarsaparilla soda replacement. Now many might confuse this flavor with root beer, but let us tell you, it's definitely different. While root beer is creamy and sweet, rolling down your throat, sarsaparilla bites and snaps on your tongue with a similar flavor, but none of the creaminess, and far less sweetness.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- South African red rooibos
- Wild cherry bark
- Blackberry leaf
- Natural extracts
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My friends and I love this! A crowd pleasing blend of herbs and that hint of "root beer". I like it with a touch of milk