Ironforge - Spicy Vanilla Black
We designed this one with a specific goal in mind: what tea would a Dwarf ambassador serve to best exemplify the Dwarven capitol city in a tea? Well, black tea, obviously, as it's stout and rich. And the city's a giant hot burning foundry, so it has to be spicy. But not too spicy, you don't wanna scare off the visitors/ambassadors, just a pleasant burn. And due to the foundry, it's slightly smokey all over the cavern city, so it has to have a light hint of smoke (but not a smoky flavor base, as again, this is an ambassador tea). Then, to make it as friendly as possible, we add vanilla, to make it warm, inviting, and welcoming.
The result is honestly one of our favorites. It's super creamy, rich, and warm with a pleasant burn that doesn't overwhelm the great vanilla notes. The smoke is such an undertone you really have to look for it, but it's there accenting everything nicely. Try this one hot, that's how we suggest it, but it's also great with milk, or as a latte!
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Chinese black tea
- Cocoa Nibs
- Unsweetened chocolate
- Mexican vanilla pieces
- Safflower petals
- Smoked paprika powder
- Chipotle powder
- Soy lecithin
- Natural vanilla extract
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
This is the new favorite in my house. Sweet and rich with the right amount of chipotle. Enjoying a mug right now in the midst of the first real bit of winter.