Irish Sunrise - Rum Breakfast Blend
If we're to trust stereotypes, a proper Irish Breakfast just isn't complete without a pick-me-up tossed in. That's why it's so strong, after all. Gotta be strong enough to punch through the cream, sugar, and booze. Well, we played around with a rich, intense breakfast black by infusing it with potent rum extracts. The result is a black nice and strong in flavor with a pleasant molasses-y finish that's good straight up, but heavenly with milk & sugar.
We heartily suggest steeping this one 4 minutes, adding a shot of half 'n' half (or vanilla soy, for the lactose-free among you) and 2 tsp of sugar. It's divine.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4-5 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Add 1-1.5 oz of milk (we suggest Half 'n' Half) and 2-3 tsp of sugar.
- Want it straight up? Just steep it for 2 minutes!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (2-3 tsp usually do it), and enjoy!
Black tea, coconut shreds, wild strawberry leaves, safflower, & natural extracts.