Irish Sunrise - Rum Breakfast Blend
If we're to trust stereotypes, a proper Irish Breakfast just isn't complete without a pick-me-up tossed in. That's why it's so strong, after all. Gotta be strong enough to punch through the cream, sugar, and booze. Well, we played around with a rich, intense breakfast black by infusing it with potent rum extracts. The result is a black nice and strong in flavor with a pleasant molasses-y finish that's good straight up, but heavenly with milk & sugar.
We heartily suggest steeping this one 4 minutes, adding a shot of half 'n' half (or vanilla soy, for the lactose-free among you) and 2 tsp of sugar. It's divine.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4-5 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Add 1-1.5 oz of milk (about a shot glass worth; we suggest Half 'n' Half) and 1-3 tsp of sugar.
- Want it straight up? Just steep it for 2 minutes!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (2-3 tsp usually do it), and enjoy!
- Black tea
- Coconut shreds
- Wild strawberry leaves
- Natural extracts
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.