Infernal Pact - Houjicha Matcha
Like making a deal with an extraplanar demonic entity for incredible power, this tea is satisfying, energizing, but fickle.
The Infernal Pact is a powdered tea made from houjicha, which is oven-roasted Japanese green tea. Now this isn't technically a matcha, it's a "powdered tea," since it isn't Tencha-grade steamed Japanese green tea. We call it matcha anyway, though, 'cause it might as well be.
A traditional bowl of this will result in an astringent, toasty, filling drink, while making a sweet matcha latte of it will give you a roasty toasty sweet and smooth latte like nothing else. Taste the fire, and enjoy your pact.
Brewing Suggestions (Sweet Matcha Latte)
- Warm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of a milk or milk substitute.
- Boil a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of water, but not fully (80°C/175°F is perfect)
- Mix together, and add ½ tbsp of powder and ½ tbsp of sugar.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Enjoy, and drink without straining!
Brewing Suggestions (Traditional Bowl)
Suggested tools: Matcha Bowl, Matcha Whisk, Matcha Spoon.
If you wanna get started, consider a Matcha Starter Kit!
- Prewarm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) glass (or a bowl, if you're traditional).
- Use ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of 80°C/175°F water in the vessel.
- Use 1 tsp of powder, or a full scoop from a traditional matcha spoon.
- Whisk thoroughly until there is a fine froth, then drink without straining.
Roasted Japanese green tea powder.