Grindhouse - Pistachio Pu-Erh
Named for the grand tradition of Grindhouse theater, a term used for underground theaters that showed movies some mind find distasteful, disruptive, and against the status quo in the '30s, this shu tea will blow your mind in all sorts of ways.
Rich, intense earthy notes of the shu Pu-Erh wrap around nutty notes of pistachios, delicate rose, and a perfect blend of flavors to make for a dark, nutty blend. This one won "Best New Tea" at the winner's tasting circle at 2017's World Tea Expo, so you know it's gotta be good!
Why would we name a pistachio shu "Grindhouse?" Well, to be frank, it tastes like buttered popcorn. Weird, I know, I'm not sure how either, but it does. The more sugar you put in, the more it does. ESPECIALLY as a cashew-milk latte with a touch of sugar. Buttered popcorn latte. Try it!
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 2 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Chinese Pu-Erh shu tea
- Natural extracts
- Rose petals
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is the best tea I've ever had. Nutty + the rose petals = delicious. Smells great too!