Golden Milk of Kamadhenu - Spiced Turmeric Herbal
Blended In-House— Caffeine-Free
Kamadnehu, the Hindu god of cows, the miraculous "Cow of Plenty," is venerated passively throughout the Hindu populations. Rather than taking direct glory like many gods, she has no temples built in her name, nor any many dedications. Rather, the population shows devotion to her through their respect of cows the world over. It is in her honor we dedicate this traditional Indian drink.
Haldi Ka Doodh, also known as golden milk, is an ancient Indian drink consisting of milk & turmeric. We spiced it up a little further with masala spices, kept the turmeric base, and whipped it up as a latte. Earthy, very rich, smooth, and not spicy at all, this makes for a pleasant herbal masala.
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Warning: The heavy turmeric in this blend will stain an infuser. Consider an iron teapot or a pyrex instead.
- Ground Indian turmeric root
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- South African red rooibos
- Spanish carob
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
- Natural French vanilla extract
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I’m a fan of golden milk but it’s a nuisance to get everything mixed up. Phoenix Pearl to the rescue. This is a perfectly balanced collection of flavors - much better (and much easier!) than my DIY version. Add a little honey and you’re good to go.
I have been making my own mix of turmeric+cinnamon+ginger for a while now for bedtime drink. I sleep better when I have it. This Golden Milk is so much better than mine. First, all the flavors (turmeric, cinnamon, vanilla) are present without being overwhelming. The overall flavor is smooth and delicious. I'm totally addict!