The Godswood - Ruby Oolong
Mae Salong, Chiang Rai, Thailand
Like sitting a holy grove under stunning red leaves, warmed by a natural hot spring in the dead of winter. This ruby oolong has all the depth and toastiness you crave, but in a soft, low-intensity package.
Cultivar: Ruanzhi "Soft Stem" Oolong Cultivar (a strain of Qingxin)
Harvest Season: October 2018
- Use 7g (≈2 tsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use 80°C/175°F water
- Steep for 3:30, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Thai oolong tea
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
This is by far the best Oolong I have ever had. The color is beautiful, the flavor is amazing and you can steep it al least three times. Thank you for the tea connection.