An absolutely delightful caffeine-free masala chai made with South African rooibos, ginger root, cardamom pods, cinnamon chips, caramel, cloves, black peppercorns, and a touch of lemongrass. When you brew this, it comes out like a liquid ginger cookie!
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (5g or 1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 7g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 13g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a straight tea?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
USDA Organic South African red rooibos, South African Red Rooibos USDA Organic Indian ginger root, Guatemalan cardamom pods, USDA Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips, caramel, Guatemalan lemongrass, USDA Organic Madagascan cloves, & USDA Organic Indian black peppercorns.