Gift of the Valenwood - Green Guayusa
Cooperative Estates — Ecuador
Grown deep in the Amazonian jungles of Ecuador, this cousin to the popular yerba maté is deeper, richer, fuller, and contains nearly the caffeine of a cup of coffee.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use 80°C/175°F water
- Steep for 5 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
USDA Organic Ecuadorian guayusa.