English Breakfast - Traditional Breakfast Blend
Blended In-House - Teas from Malawi, Rwanda, India, & China
As traditional as we could make it, here's a new English Breakfast tea for the masses. Made from a foundation of African teas from Malawi & Rwanda with accents of malty Indian Assam tea and Chinese keemun tea, this smooth, mildly bitter black blend is perfect with cream and sugar.
Does an English blend built from African and East-Asian parts sound familiar to anyone else? No? Must just be us.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Add 1-1.5 oz of milk (about a shot glass worth; we suggest Half 'n' Half) and 1-3 tsp of sugar.
- Want it straight up? Just steep it for 2 minutes!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (2-3 tsp usually do it), and enjoy!
- Fair Trade & ETP-Certified Malawi CTC black tea
- Fair Trade Certified Rwandan Gicumbi CTC CP1 black tea
- ETP-Certified Indian Assam black tea
- Chinese keemun black tea
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.