Earl Greyjoy - Lemon Lime Earl Grey
What is dead may never die...
Designed for those whose lives belong to the open sea, this earl grey redefines what an earl grey stands for. A rich, intensely citric bergamot wraps around a powerful shu pu-erh to add the earthy bite a sailor needs. Then, we add lemon and lime to compliment the citric bergamot (plus, you need to keep that scurvy away, right?). This delightfully fruity earl grey is fantastic hot and needs no milk, though some sugar wouldn't hurt. In fact, this one makes a great latte or London Fog (Pyke Fog?), and even comes out marvelous iced!
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Organic Chinese shu pu-erh dark tea
- Organic American lemon peel
- Thai lime leaves
- Sri Lankan black tea
- Lemon peel
- Lemon myrtle
- Marigold petals
- Organic natural bergamot extract
- Natural lemon extract
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
I'm really finicky with earl greys, mostly in that I don't like ones with strong floral notes. This is fruity, crisp, and smooth with just enough of a bite to keep it interesting. Definitely buying again