Dwarven Ale - Sri Lankan Ceylon Black
Vithankande Estate — Ratnapura, Sri Lanka
Eh! Stay a while and play a round! Pull up a chair, and grab a pint! The Dwarven Ale is a rich, malty black tea from the Vithankande Estate in Sri Lanka, and it is a sublime experience. An intensely malty black with deep, dark flavors and just a little bite, the Dwarven Ale will quickly become the favorite of any tea drinker who favors the stouter flavors.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (5g or 1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Sri Lankan Ratnapura black tea.