Traditional Masala Chai
A taste of a desert home, this blend designed to be made as a latte is warm and inviting. Made from a cut black tea base, it includes such spices as cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon. A true delight in this waste we call home.
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it, and we definitely suggest it here), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Ugandan Mitiyana black tea
- Guatemalan cardamom pods
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic Madagascan cloves
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
There Will Be Dungeons
In partnership with the "There Will Be Dungeons" podcast, an actual-play Dungeons & Dragons podcast set in a home-brewed 5e world, a portion of the proceeds to every tea in the TWBD line will go directly back to the show to support the cast.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Bought this as a gift for my wife and she loved it! Great quality tea and I'm excited to order more.
With just the right amount of milk and a sprinkle of sugar this quickly became my go to morning drink replaceing my cup of coffee. This is one of my favorite teas.
My entire experience from ordering to brewing my first cup has been fantastic. I love the warnings for use of milks too. This helped me choose the right teas for me. Will definately be back!
This is a really pleasant chai tea and the themed packaging is exactly as you’d expect