Dreams of Erebus - Caramel Walnut Cream Herbal
Blended In-House — Caffeine-Free
Erebus was the manifestation and personification of darkness in the religion of the Greeks. He, along with the god of night, fathered the gods of Æther, day, sleep, death, fate. We thought it only fitting to name our darkest, deepest, and sleepiest blend after darkness itself.
Dreams of Erebus is absolutely a nighttime treat. A perfect dessert after a long day. Cinnamon, caramel, black walnuts, and vanilla combine with a red rooibos base to make for an oatmeal-cookie-like dessert tea with a touch of valerian root to help ease you to sleep.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 5 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 3 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 4 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- South African red rooibos (two varietals)
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic American black walnut hulls
- Caramel pieces
- Organic American valerian root
- Spanish carob
- Natural French vanilla & caramel extract.
I made an iced latte version and I was shocked how amazing it tastes. Great tea and it smells great.
I have very little experience with hot tea other than Lipton and Sleepy Time. I heard about this tea on "The Morning Stream" (podcast) and thought I would give it a try. I had no idea tea could taste this good. It is just such an earthy wonderful flavor. I bought it to help with sleep and I really does the trick. I plan to try more types of tea in the future, but Dreams of Erebus will be something that I keep on hand all the time.
This is the best before bed tea I have ever tasted. One of my all-time favorite teas ever!
This was wonderful! Very aromatic and sweet. When I opened the bag I simply had to have all my friends smell too, it was so great! This tea makes me a little sleepy, but it's exactly what I was hoping for. A great comfort on a cold night.