Intensely Spicy Smoky Masala Chai
A secret device that powers the most curious places in the wastes, we just couldn't resist this tribute. For an engine that heats up a room in a split second, that belches ancient smoke, that powers life-saving inventions as well as death and destruction, we could only think of this crazy powerful masala chai. Classic spices mix with a crazy-smoky black tea, fermented tea, and powdered chili peppers. You'll be able to taste the smoke of the fire this tea lights in your throat.
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it, and we definitely suggest it here), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Organic Pine-smoked Chinese Yunnan black tea
- Guatemalan cardamom pods
- Organic Chinese shu pu-erh dark tea
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic Madagascan cloves
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
- Smoked jalapeño peppers
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne chili peppers
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
There Will Be Dungeons
In partnership with the "There Will Be Dungeons" podcast, an actual-play Dungeons & Dragons podcast set in a home-brewed 5e world, a portion of the proceeds to every tea in the TWBD line will go directly back to the show to support the cast.
This is the first PPT blend I’ve tried that really doesn’t work for me at all. I was looking for ‘the burn’ and it has plenty of that. For that I’d give it a hearty thumbs up, but the smoke flavor overpowers any other flavors might be buried in there. My opinion - it’s like drinking tea made from fireplace soot. Standard disclaimer: YMMV. To each their own. Try it - you might like it.
A fair warning that this tea is very, very, VERY intensely spiced. I trust there are those who enjoy this intensity in their Chai, but I can't count myself as among them. Your mileage may vary!
Wow... Intense, the combination of smoke and spice make for a unique and delicious flavor but seem to overpower and mute some of the more subtle spices. I love it for when the mood strikes for a dirty chai.
Intense, smokey, spicy. Three words that tell you everything thing you need to know. Delicious and bold.