Intensely Spicy Smoky Masala Chai
A secret device that powers the most curious places in the wastes, we just couldn't resist this tribute. For an engine that heats up a room in a split second, that belches ancient smoke, that powers life-saving inventions as well as death and destruction, we could only think of this crazy powerful masala chai. Classic spices mix with a crazy-smoky black tea, fermented tea, and powdered chili peppers. You'll be able to taste the smoke of the fire this tea lights in your throat.
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it, and we definitely suggest it here), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Malawian Thyolo smoked black tea
- Organic Chinese shu pu-erh dark tea
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Guatemalan cardamom pods
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic Madagascan cloves
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
- Smoked jalapeño peppers
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne chili peppers
Wow... Intense, the combination of smoke and spice make for a unique and delicious flavor but seem to overpower and mute some of the more subtle spices. I love it for when the mood strikes for a dirty chai.
Intense, smokey, spicy. Three words that tell you everything thing you need to know. Delicious and bold.