Diontalus, Archfey of Carnage
(Same Caffeine as Coffee!)
This herb is like nothing you’ve ever had, something completely alien, yet oddly familiar... Like a dark, earthy green tea with a luringly sweet aftertaste, this has a strange energy to it.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use 80°C/175°F water
- While temperature is incredibly important for green teas, this herb will not be ruined by steeping it at boiling. If you don't have temperature control, it will be okay. However, it tastes better at green tea temperatures.
- Steep for 5 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Organic Ecuadorian green guayusa
This is my new go-to tea in the morning. Smooth, great flavor, and lots of caffeine.