The Deadmines - Ginger Black Tea
A simple tea for a simple plan. Years ago, after the siege on Stormwind, Edwin VanCleef was hired by the city to rebuild its walls, its foundation, help bring it back to its former glory. But the city betrayed VanCleef, leaving him and his men penniless after rebuilding an entire city. In retaliation, he and his men gathered in the rolling plains of Westfall and made a pact, a brotherhood, The Defias. Deep within an abandoned mine, they made their base of operations where all members could safely gather to plan their ultimate assault on Stormwind. These deep winding mines were dubbed The Deadmines.
An appropriate flavor for the arid hills and fields of Westfall and endless dead, dry, dark mineshafts, The Deadmines is a ginger black tea with chopped Indian ginger root that provides a rich hit of spice over a dark, earthy, intense black tea out of Uganda. A touch of lemongrass completes the arid feel of this blend. Takes well to just a little touch of sugar, and provides a pleasant ginger burn without any additives.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Ugandan Mitiyana CTC black tea
- Organic Guatemalan lemongrass