Cosmic Reverie - Smoked Earl Grey
Fun fact: In the acclaimed science fiction series Star Trek: The Next Generation, Captain Picard (played by the indomitable Patrick Stewart) regularly drank tea on the ship. "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." It was damn near a catchphrase. But in the original script of the pilot, he drank Lapsang Souchong, a pine-smoked black tea from China. The producers figured no one would know what that was, so they made it more recognizable. We here at Phoenix Pearl Tea are big Star Trek fans, big lapsang fans, and big earl grey fans. As such, how could we resist twisting all these together?
The Cosmic Reverie is a Smoked Earl Grey, a mix of a traditional Thai black tea, a golden Chinese black tea, and a pine-smoked Chinese black tea all mixed with organic Italian bergamot oil making for an utterly fascinating experience. It's smooth as silk, carries all that bergamot energy you crave, but has these brilliant smoky tones to it. We like to think Captain Picard would happily sip it from his office beside the bridge.
(Can we get Patrick Stewart a bag of this? I don't have his address...)
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Organic Thai black tea
- Organic Chinese Dian Hong black tea
- Organic Chinese pine-smoked lapsang souchong black tea
- Organic natural Italian bergamot extract
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
This tea might need to come with a warning. The flavor profile is incredibly rich, and it may be too strong for some(as it was for my spouse).
From the first hint of smoky aroma, to the first taste of Bergamot on your lips, this tea is a satisfying and smooth ride. What I love most about this tea is how you can taste each distinct flavor, yet they come together to form something so much greater than the sum of its parts.
Jean Luc Picard would be proud.