Chain Lightning - Double Mint Guayusa
Feel the arcane course through your veins, your ancestry calls to you, and you call down thunder upon your enemies. Lightning crackles in your fingertips and thunder booms as a bolt of energy shoots to the nearest beast, frying it, then shooting to the next. In a wicked link, the bolt whips from body to body to body, coursing through them. The electricity crackles in your fingers as you taste a subtle biting freshness on your tongue. You smile; your parents were right, the Chain Lightning does leave a minty aftertaste.
This blend of entirely Organic ingredients is based off an old yerba mate recipe we once carried before we learned the secrets of guayusa. The herb grown in the Ecuadorian jungles has the caffeine of coffee, twice the antioxidants of green tea, and tastes smooth, earthy, grassy, and a little sweet. Combine that with tart spearmint and rich peppermint, and you have a recipe for the perfect blend iced, hot, any way you want it. It likes sugar, but by no means needs it.
- Use 7g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 5 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈2½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 3 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Organic Ecuadorian steamed green guayusa
- Organic American spearmint
- Organic American peppermint
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am so addicted and in love with this tea! Not only does it taste delicious, but it's refreshing. I drink it both hot and cold. Customer Service is excellent and shipping is lightening fast! I can't say enough good things about this store and their mint tea! I have been a fan of them for years. Gwen is wonderful and I love dealing with her!
This is our office favorite! Best tea ever.
A nice strong mint tea without being overpowering. I prefer it iced but definitely a winner here.
Decided to try this tea it sounded like it would be good to try. It is the BEST mint tea I’ve ever had!!!