Cambion's Lament - Spicy Blueberry Herbal
Blended In-House — Caffeine-Free
The Cambion is the offspring between a succubus/incubus and a human. They're known for not belonging in either world, not accepted as a true demon and not welcome in hell, but shunned from human society generally. Depression runs deep with these poor folk, leading them to lives of lethargy and longing.
The Cambion's Lament Spiced Blueberry Herbal is a red rooibos loaded with blueberry & elderberry, then spiced with turmeric, smoked paprika, hibiscus, and just a tiny touch of cayenne. It represents the inner battle for cambions, not being able to shun their fiery, demonic side, but desperately wanting to fit in with the humans around them. The fruity side represents their human side, wanting to be sweet and frivolous, but the earthy turmeric, the smokey paprika, the fiery cayenne, and the bitter hibiscus represent their demonic roots never letting go.
The fruity overtones are taken over by the harsh spices, but not quite lost. By itself, the flavors vie for control, but even sweetened and with milk, as a latte, the spices only come out more, the harder they try to seem more friendly.
It's a tea locked in a personal battle within itself, and it may not work for everyone. The conflict is hard to grasp for some, as is the flavor combination at play. But take in this tea, and feel the sorrow and conflict within the mind of the cambion, and empathize, even just for a minute.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Consider adding some sugar (we suggest 1 tsp)
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- WARNING: This tea will stain your infuser, due to the turmeric. Take appropriate precautions.
Organic South African red rooibos, Organic elderberries, Organic hibiscus, Organic Chinese licorice root, Organic black currants, Organic blueberries, ground smoked Indian paprika, ground Indian turmeric root, natural blueberry extract, Organic schizandra berries, natural strawberry extract, & ground Mexican cayenne.
This is a great evening tea for when it is time to relax from a busy day. Bluebeary tea has a nice fruity taste. This is great hot or over ice on a warm summer evening.