Caldera - Volcanic Green Tea
Ciwedy, West Java, Indonesia
The Caldera is one of the more unique traditional green teas we've ever had.
This tea is a straight-up green grown on the island of Java in Indonesia on the banks of a volcanic crater lake. From the volcanic soil, it gathers a light smokey, ashy taste that we guarantee is not anywhere close to a lapsang souchong, it's much lighter. With the body of a Chinese green tea, soft vegetal and light grassy notes, it has a very soft volcanic undertone that makes it just unique enough to stand out from the rest of our teas.
- Use 7g (≈2 tsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use 80°C/175°F water
- Steep for 2 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra 30 seconds or a minute!
- Too strong? Take off 30 seconds, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another 30 seconds, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Fried Indonesian Java green tea
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.