The Cafe Matcha is a perfect ingredient to give that signature green tea flavor to muffins, ice cream, whatever suits your cooking needs! As a bowl or a sweet latte, it's going to have a strong astringent/bitter profile due to it being a much lower grade than traditional matchas, however it's perfect for cooking as the flavors mostly bake out of it!
Brewing Suggestions (Traditional Bowl)
Suggested tools: Matcha Bowl, Matcha Whisk, Matcha Spoon.
If you wanna get started, consider a Matcha Starter Kit!
- Prewarm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) glass (or a bowl, if you're traditional).
- Use ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of 80°C/175°F water in the vessel.
- Use 1 tsp of powder, or a full scoop from a traditional matcha spoon.
- Whisk thoroughly until there is a fine froth, then drink without straining.
Brewing Suggestions (Sweet Matcha Latte)
- Warm a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of a milk or milk substitute.
- Boil a ¼ liter (≈8 oz) of water to 80°C/175°F
- Mix together, and add ½ tbsp of powder and ½ tbsp of sugar.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Enjoy, and drink without straining!
Fine-ground Japanese tencha green tea.