2017 Bootlegger Black - Assam Black
Khongea Estate — Sivasagar, Assam, India
A black tea for the hardy, rough-cut folk, bound to keep you up for long jobs. One of our best-selling black teas, you can't disagree with a good assam black, and we have the best one for a most reasonable price. Sourced from the Khongea Estate, this black has rich malty notes and a smooth body with a medium-light overall astringency level. Very pleasant, needs no milk or sugar, but certainly won't say no to either!
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 2 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra two minutes!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
ETP-Certified Indian Assam black tea.