Xocolatl Chai - Aztec Chocolate Masala
Chocolate, discovered by the Aztecs, has been a long-standing popular hot drink, especially with spices such as cinnamon and cayenne. Here at Red Lodge Books & Tea, we reflect the desire with our new Xocolatl Chai. Organic cacao nibs wrap around a rich shu pu-erh base, real Mexican vanilla, cardamom, extra cinnamon, a touch of ginger and cloves, and just the tiniest sprig of cayenne to boost the flavor just right. This Aztec chocolate chai is sure to satisfy!
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
Organic cacao nibs, Organic Chinese shu Pu-erh dark tea, Chinese black tea, Mexican vanilla bean, Guatemalan cardamom pods, Organic Indian ginger root, Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips, Organic Indian black peppercorns, & Mexican cayenne.