Xocolatl Chai - Aztec Chocolate Masala
Chocolate, discovered by the Aztecs, has been a long-standing popular hot drink, especially with spices such as cinnamon and cayenne. Here at Red Lodge Books & Tea, we reflect the desire with our new Xocolatl Chai. Organic cacao nibs wrap around a rich shu pu-erh base, real Mexican vanilla, cardamom, extra cinnamon, a touch of ginger and cloves, and just the tiniest sprig of cayenne to boost the flavor just right. This Aztec chocolate chai is sure to satisfy!
- Use 14g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- Wanna make it straight-up?
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Organic Peruvian cocoa nibs
- Organic Chinese Yunnan shu pu-erh dark tea
- Chinese black tea
- Guatemalan cardamom pods
- Organic Indonesian cinnamon chips
- Organic Indian ginger root
- Organic Indian black peppercorns
- Natural Mexican vanilla extract
- Mexican vanilla pieces
- Ground Mexican cayenne
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.