Badlands Breafkast - Aggressive Black Blend
The Badlands Breakfastwas blended from the ashes of the old Irish Breakfast, rest it's soul. Doubling down on the Irish style of breakfast tea, we kicked every ingredient up a knotch. Dark Rwandan black? Make it a darker, rougher Tanzanian. Assam black? Make it a ceylon with more malt and more depth. Steamed Kenyan? Nah, make it an Assam to give it more depth.
The result is an aggressive, angry, rough-and-tumble black tea blend made to drink with milk & sugar. It's desert-y, earthy, malty, and has undertones of smoke & sand.
Steep 4:00 with a shot of half 'n' half and a tbsp of sugar for the adventurers.
Steep 4:00-5:00 with a shot of half 'n' half and no sugar for the the wastelanders.
Steep 2:00 straight up for those who like a dose of pain.
Steep 3:00-4:00 straight up for those who are truly lost.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Add 1-1.5 oz of milk (about a shot glass worth; we suggest Half 'n' Half) and 1-3 tsp of sugar.
- Want it straight up? Just steep it for 2 minutes!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (2-3 tsp usually do it), and enjoy!
- Tanzanian Njombe CTC black tea
- Sri Lankan Ratnapura black tea
- Indonesian Java black tea
- Organic steamed Indian Assam green tea
- Organic pine-smoked Chinese Fujian black tea
- Lily petals
Really loving this one. It blends the slightly sweet smoke of the lapsang with a rich, astringent body that's nicely balanced and just the right amount of bitter. I tried this straight, steeped for 3 mins, and also with a splash of soy cream. Both tasted lovely. Will absolutely be buying more in the future.